DIRECT BIOBEDDING - FOREST FRIENDLY ANIMAL BEDDING
We supply premium purpose designed Direct BioBedding to chicken, duck, turkey, dairy and horse facilities everyday.
Clients include well known names like Ingham’s, Steggles Baiada, Red Lea, Cordina and Pepe’s Ducks as well as Rick Worthington Racing, Clarry Conners, Marquee Stud, Gary Portelli & Perich A2 Milk.
Direct BioBedding has the following characteristics:
- Made primarily from fully recycled white softwood, saving new trees from the sawmill and thus helping the environment… Direct BioBedding truely is “Forest Friendly Animal Bedding”
- Natural pine fresh scent
- Super ammonia absorption
- Top looking bedding
- Great on your garden after use
- Environmentally friendly
- Goes through a multiple shredding process which opens up the fibres for maximum ammonia absorption
- Passes through a complex 3 stage screening system
- Virtually dust free, thanks to our mega air driven dust extraction vacuum system, not just mechanical screening
- Less hock burn, chest blister and mould based disease in poultry due to it’s dryness compared to moist shavings or saw dust and thus better weights and higher quality birds
- Can use a lot less per square metre and is much better suited to multiple batches
- Very friable with much less caking and capping
- Always dry saving growers big money on gas and electricity
- Pre delivery it is always stored inside our factory in stainless steel lined bays for quality, dryness and vermin proofing
- Delivered in bulk in our purpose designed walking floor trucks in 40 or 80 cubic metre loads
- Now also available in approx 10 kg baled plastic bags
- Our delivery trucks are only ever used for delivery of Direct BioBedding, never for used litter or mixed waste – and we guarantee it!
- For your bio security every load comes with a signed Direct BioBedding guarantee as to the quality of the load and the cleanliness of our delivery trucks
- Randomly sampled and scientifically tested
- Doesn’t blow around or stick to animals like sawdust or shavings can
- Fast delivery and top service, day & night
- Developed in consultation with farmers and industry experts
- To the EPA approved spec
- Non seasonal – supply available all year round!
- Can be used in most spreaders
- Won’t cling like shavings can to manes and tails
- Reduced need for top up
- Used litter containing Direct BioBedding is readily recycled back into the environment onto fields, gardens, turf farms and market gardens
- Choose from Premium Blend, Premium Original, or Premium Fine. Most users nominate our Premium Blend to get the best of both worlds. We also have screened dust for wood flour available.
Please note that though we take the utmost care with our recycled Direct BioBedding and recycled mulch products we cannot absolutely guarantee that Direct BioBedding or our mulches are free from naturally occurring Aspergillus or similar. Farmers, horse trainers, and other end users are reminded to avoid where possible external storage of any bedding product to avoid potential contamination from farm or other sources such as wild birds and similar. Storage needs to be especially considered in wet or humid weather.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF COMPLIANCE – URBAN WOOD RESIDUES
Resource Recovery Orders and Exemptions are granted by the NSW Environment Protection Authority (“EPA”) where the land application or use as fuel of a waste material is a bona-fide, fit for purpose, ‘reuse’ opportunity that causes no harm to the environment or human health, rather than a means of waste disposal. Resource Recovery Exemptions apply to any person who applies, or intends to apply waste material to land as set out in clause 1.1 of Resource Recovery Exemption under Part 9, Clauses 91 and 92 of the Protection of the Environment Operations (Waste) Regulation 2014 ,“The Mulch Exemption 2016”, and our very own Direct BioMulch Exemption 2018.
Urban wood residues (as defined in the “The Mulch Order 2016”) pursuant to the Resource Recovery Order under Part 9, Clause 93 of the Protection of the Environment Operations (Waste) Regulation 2014, supplied by Direct Group Industries Pty Ltd Pty Ltd (“Direct”) consist of recovered untreated, unpainted, and uncontaminated urban derived timber and wood material that has been collected as a separate material stream for processing and is therefore subject to the provisions of The Mulch Order 2016.
Under the Direct BioMulch Exemption 2018, Direct BioMulch (and Direct BioBedding) means shredded urban wood residues including processing of pallets and framing material at Direct’s processing facility at 3 B Williamson Road lngleburn NSW 2565.
Direct BioMulch / BioBedding may contain a combined maximum total of 5% (w/w): 1.2.1 engineered wood products where only urea formaldehyde, melamine formaldehyde, and melamine urea formaldehyde resins are present; and 1.2.2 blue pine which has been surface treated with permethrin or bifenthrin.
Direct BioMulch does not include source separated garden waste and must not contain asbestos, engineered wood products or preservative treated or coated wood residues other than those described in this definition.
It is the responsibility of the Customer to ensure that any urban wood residues supplied by Direct meet all requirements for storage, handling and application on the intended site and for the intended use and that these are in accordance with all relevant approvals and licenses that relate to the site and the intended use. This includes but is not limited to the on-site restrictions in relation to development (including filling of land, landscaping), use and occupation of the site and all relevant environment, waste, workplace health and safety and other relevant laws and obligations.
These Terms & Conditions do not exempt the transporter or user / customer of these materials to ensure compliance with all regulatory and other obligations that apply to these materials and their handling, transport and use.
Please note that the appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) should be used when handling any natural or recycled material. See our Direct MSDS for further detail.