DIRECT BIOBEDDING FOR HORSES
PREMIUM SOFTWOOD HORSE BEDDING
- TRIPLE SCREENED
- DUST FREE
- KILN DRIED
- BULK OR BALES
- 100% AUSSIE MADE AND OWNED
- GREAT TOO FOR ARENAS
- NOW SOFT FALL CERTIFIED
- BUY DIRECT AND SAVE
- Bulk 40m³ to 120m³ truck loads and also 200kg bulker bags
- Comfy, soft, and dry at only 10-12% moisture
- Premium grade BioBedding is fully vacuum dust extracted and screened, not just mechanically screened like some of our competitors. Premium BioBedding is therefore the best bedding for issues like CoPD
- The Queen’s own British Army horses are bedded on the same bedding (Gifford’s CushionBed)
- 100% Australian made and owned by Aussie families – consistent, biosecure, non-seasonal and environmentally friendly too
- Doesn’t stick to manes and tails like shavings or dusty products
- Better for hoof health (as per UK research)
- No need to water down like expensive and dusty pellet bedding (why wet your bedding – that’s crazy – the only thing that should dampen your horse bedding is your horse)
- Top ammonia (pee and poo) absorption – as we use kiln dried softwoodwetness goes to the bottom – keeping you horse and you healthier! It absorbs much better than sawdust, shavings or straw
- Doesn’t blow around stables or yards like shavings or sawdust as it is denser – makes for a cleaner complex
- Soiled product is great for the garden and great looking too as a mulch and again won’t blow around
- Can be used for muddy path areas and riding arena’s
- Acts also as a softfall should riders or horses fall, and is indeed actually SoftFall certified (see attached).
- Doesn’t carry straw or hay borne disease – very biosecure, purpose made, and kept in stainless lined bays and loaded inside our poultry supplier approved factory.
- Looks fantastic and has its own fresh pine fragrance
- Easy to spread, pick rake and top up – and quicker too!
- BioBedding (170kg per cubic metre) is double the density of shavings (85-100kg per cubic metre) which means you save even more money by using less for the same poo and pee take up!
- Great for training tracks, arena’s and round yards.
- Used and recommended by the trainer’s trainer Rick Worthington
Please note that though we take the utmost care with our recycled Direct BioBedding and recycled mulch products we cannot absolutely guarantee that Direct BioBedding or our mulches are free from naturally occurring Aspergillus or similar. Farmers, horse trainers, and other end users are reminded to avoid where possible external storage of any bedding product to avoid potential contamination from farm or other sources such as wild birds and similar. Storage needs to be especially considered in wet or humid weather.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF COMPLIANCE – URBAN WOOD RESIDUES
Resource Recovery Orders and Exemptions are granted by the NSW Environment Protection Authority (“EPA”) where the land application or use as fuel of a waste material is a bona-fide, fit for purpose, ‘reuse’ opportunity that causes no harm to the environment or human health, rather than a means of waste disposal. Resource Recovery Exemptions apply to any person who applies, or intends to apply waste material to land as set out in clause 1.1 of Resource Recovery Exemption under Part 9, Clauses 91 and 92 of the Protection of the Environment Operations (Waste) Regulation 2014 ,“The Mulch Exemption 2016”, and our very own Direct BioMulch Exemption 2018.
Urban wood residues (as defined in the “The Mulch Order 2016”) pursuant to the Resource Recovery Order under Part 9, Clause 93 of the Protection of the Environment Operations (Waste) Regulation 2014, supplied by Direct Group Industries Pty Ltd Pty Ltd (“Direct”) consist of recovered untreated, unpainted, and uncontaminated urban derived timber and wood material that has been collected as a separate material stream for processing and is therefore subject to the provisions of The Mulch Order 2016.
Under the Direct BioMulch Exemption 2018, Direct BioMulch (and Direct BioBedding) means shredded urban wood residues including processing of pallets and framing material at Direct’s processing facility at 3 B Williamson Road lngleburn NSW 2565.
Direct BioMulch / BioBedding may contain a combined maximum total of 5% (w/w): 1.2.1 engineered wood products where only urea formaldehyde, melamine formaldehyde, and melamine urea formaldehyde resins are present; and 1.2.2 blue pine which has been surface treated with permethrin or bifenthrin.
Direct BioMulch does not include source separated garden waste and must not contain asbestos, engineered wood products or preservative treated or coated wood residues other than those described in this definition.
It is the responsibility of the Customer to ensure that any urban wood residues supplied by Direct meet all requirements for storage, handling and application on the intended site and for the intended use and that these are in accordance with all relevant approvals and licenses that relate to the site and the intended use. This includes but is not limited to the on-site restrictions in relation to development (including filling of land, landscaping), use and occupation of the site and all relevant environment, waste, workplace health and safety and other relevant laws and obligations.
These Terms & Conditions do not exempt the transporter or user / customer of these materials to ensure compliance with all regulatory and other obligations that apply to these materials and their handling, transport and use.
Please note that the appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) should be used when handling any natural or recycled material. See our Direct MSDS for further detail.